Spa Weekend for the Soul

Posted by Karen Lane

I am in serious need of a pedicure, so don't even think about looking at my feet at PureLife this weekend. Pedicures are not something on which I generally spend a lot of time and money --- aaaand it shows. On one special occasion my friend, Rebecca, treated me to one and the two very nice Thai pedicurists sat side by side scrubbing my feet in a dialogue that went something like, "Man, what are those, pterodactyl feet?" "Whew, I know. You know that part in Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian when KaMunRah gets the code to the ancient tomb because the Alfred Einstein bobbleheads revealed that it was pi and all the gross, dusty creatures came out?" "Yeah." "Looks like that." I know this because I am a fluent speaker of Thai.

Well, okaaaay, but I really like Thai food.

I went home that day and interrupted my husband's business calls and my kids' schoolwork to show them my new feet. They just looked at me blankly and said, "Who are you and what have you done with our mother?" "When do you go back to the mother ship?" I mean, my feet hadn't looked that young and new and fresh since I was 8. They were unrecognizable.

The aforementioned Rebecca once referred to PureLife as a "spa weekend for your soul". Imagine setting aside a weekend to peel off the old, tired, dusty layers of your inner self and taking the time to become new, radiant, energized. There is a host of radiant women working behind the scenes for us, to make sure that this weekend will be just that. And they are a hilarious crew.


If spending an hour with these ladies is an indication of things to come, I am ready. My soul is certainly due for a hot stone massage, a vitalize peel and a salt glow.

And a pedicure.

See you there!



All PureLife images in this post copyright Karen Lane and Karen Lane Photography.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes